Division Student Representative Network - Search for Division 15 Representatives
APAGS – APA’s graduate student division – is looking to have student representatives in all Divisions take part in our DSRN (Division Student Representative Network).
DSRN is a virtual network of student leaders who are helpful to each other in terms of providing best practices and other suggestions to make the most of their service to a Division and hone their leadership skills.
- Their main vehicle to communicate and learn from each other is via a closed group listserv.
- We send out prompts; students bounce programming ideas off each other; they discuss how to give student voice some presence within their divisions; etc.
- As we revamp and strengthen DSRN, we envision that we will offer webinars and other sources of support for students based on commonly identified needs.
- The time commitment is minimal (maybe 1 hour per month, on average).
- There are no travel requirements. Though we can’t reimburse convention expenses, we offer attending members a free business luncheon at Convention.
- There are no fees or costs to be involved – but students must be APA student affiliates.
There is a small note about the DSRN in the latest Division Dialogue newsletter (http://www.apa.org/about/division/officers/dialogue/2012/05/apags-tips.aspx). The article provides a link for more information.
For a few years, we have not had anyone in Educational Psychology represented on DSRN, but we hope that you will consider taking part. We believe the benefits are worthwhile. Division leadership generally decides the length of service for a student and which 1-2 students will serve.
I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Thank you very much,
Eddy Ameen, PhD | Assistant Director
American Psychological Association of Graduate Students
American Psychological Association (http://www.apa.org/)
750 First Street NE, Washington, DC 20002-4242
Tel: 202-216-7627 *|* Fax: 202-336-5694
Please login first in order for you to submit comments